Last Sunday evening I delivered a message to the congregation of Heartland Baptist Church that I believe is very important. The truth is God’s desire (will) for each person is good. He is not out to get us or seeking to condemn us, 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” And John 3:17 says, “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
In the first chapter of Ephesians Paul shares that God’s will for us is good and that everything God allows or brings into our lives is good. It was God’s will that Paul become an apostle. God willed grace and peace to us, all blessings for us, and chose to allow us to come before Him blameless and in Love. God willed our adoption into the family of God and made us accepted. He chose to redeem and forgive us and cause his blessings to abound toward us. God willed that in the future (in the fullness of time) that we come before him to receive an inheritance. God’s will toward us is very good.
Listen to the full message and understand that there is only one thing that can cut off the goodness of God’s will your life.
This is the last night
Come on out!
There will be a cookout after the tent comes down. Then the Candy Cannon will be fired for the young people (and anyone else with a sweet tooth).
Pictures from this year
June 10th through the 15
7 p.m. Start time – Rain or shine!
It is time to set up the Gospel Tent again! The tent raising will happen Saturday June 9th at 9 a.m. This year the tent will be set up in the front lawn of the church property at 829 W. Saint Joseph St., Perryville. Everyone in the community is invited to hear special music (usually starts 20-30 minutes early) and good preaching of God’s Word. There will be folding chairs out, but you are welcome to bring a lawn chair. There are parking spots along Saint Joseph st. in front of the church as well as in the parking lot for folks who don’t get around well to park close enough to hear/see what is going on under the tent.
Also know that Dale Aguiar will be speaking at our 10 a.m. Bible Study and 11 a.m. service Sunday morning June 10th.
Below are pictures of previous years.
Thank you Mom, for all that you do and have done. Mother’s are a crucial part of healthy childhood and upbringing.
There will be special gifts and recognition for all of the mothers in attendance today. May God bless you moms for all of your hard work and faithfulness!
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar. She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms. She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night. She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet. She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land. She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant. Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
I received a call from Barry this evening and he updated me on several aspects of the ministry there.
- Lisa is still in Florida and the situation is ongoing. There is no time table set for her return to Honduras as her parent’s situation is still unstable.
- One of the previous Lighthouse children that has been living in the world for years now has been in contact with Barry and has returned to church recently. She has expressed a desire to return to living for the Lord and has been placed with her 2 year old son in the mountain church with Pastor Augusto and his wife for mentoring since Lisa is not at home.
- Ruis, the evangelist working in Nicaragua and Cuba has returned to Honduras with a wonderful report.
- His wounds on his feet from diabetes are healing much better than anticipated. Thankfully he has been provided with the right medicine to help get this under control.
- His recent trip to Cuba yielded much fruit. Most of the 12,000 Bibles have been distributed with many salvation decisions both among the military as well as the public.
The General and his family were baptized (Wife, brother and sister-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, and son) They have all made some obvious signs of spiritual growth. The General has decided to take his meals WITH the enlisted soldiers and is now seeking to minister to them and strives to help them with their personal lives. The Sister-in-law has had a change of heart concerning Americans and has made plans to donate property to Honduras missions for the purpose of building a church in Cuba.
- Ruis has plans to return to Cuba on June 6 to continue the outreach and discipling.
- In Nicaragua a second church plant has begun.
- Pastor Augusto’s students in the mountain church have started their own business because getting a job means that they will miss church. The have started making and distributing banana chips to the local markets and schools. It is apparently going well and they are able to support themselves AND continue to be faithful to the church services and ministries.
- Financially things are very tight, down to $18 in the account. They are down to less than 20 supporting churches. (I was able to bless him with good news in this area at the end of our conversation. Our support check will go into his bank on Monday! The cruise of oil and barrel of meal haven’t failed and the Lord always takes care of his own.)
- There was an accident with the “old” KIA last week when Lenin and Alberto were up on the mountain on an errand. It ended up hitting a concrete culvert and destroying the frame once and for all (had been welded over 20 times). It will take about $1200 for a frame and then a lot of man hours to transfer all of the parts over. Lenin is studying auto mechanics and this could be a good project for him if the money is available for the frame.
Always pray for the Ritchies! They always have something going on and need lots of prayer.
Sunday April 22 I started a new sermon series in the A.M. service on the Danger in the Kingdom in Heaven. The first message is available on the sermon page now. In this series I will share:
- What is the Kingdom of Heaven
- Where is the Kingdom of Heaven
- Who is in the Kingdom of Heaven
- What are the Dangers in the Kingdom of Heaven
This will be about thirteen weeks of sermons so if you miss one at church you should be able to listen to it on the sermons page sometime during the week it was delivered to the congregation. If you have questions regarding the Kingdom of Heaven, or Heaven itself please feel free to contact me.
In the main auditorium we will be starting a new Sunday school series called Christian Mentoring A-Z. This series will begin Sunday morning April 29 at 10 a.m. with lesson “A” Assurance of Salvation. Can someone, and how can someone know that they will be received into Heaven when they die? There is a booklet available for all those participating, which can picked up now in the foyer. You are encouraged to pick up their booklet and begin working on filling in the blanks as there is more information than we will be able to cover in class.
Everyone is welcome to the class! There is a sign up sheet in the foyer so that I can make sure enough booklets are available for those attending. If you cannot stop by early but do want to have a booklet printed for you please email pastor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org